Sunday 8 January 2012

Short list of Fonts, Colours, layout and design ideas...(Continuee)

image




My first thoughts when it comes to dubstep is that it is; Loud, Fun, Crazy, Colourful...I could name a lot more words but those are the KEY elements to the design for the digipak.
From analysing other Digipaks for dubstep noticed that the graphics are not conventional, they are usually 'Shattering images, or images that go beyond imagination and some carry futuristic elements.
All of this information i find very interesting when it comes to creating my own digipak.

In terms of colour;
I feel that bright colours and use of multi colours are very appealing and create a window for every gender and new audiences. As a group we chose to short list this colours:


paintball_Splat_orange.gifpaintball_Splat_pink.gif


Fonts:
 I also used the same thoughts for the genre when short listing fonts...
....

Graphic ideas:
I found looking for the graphics particularly interesting because on many of the dubstep digipaks i have noticed that they usually do not have the artist's own image. But rather a graphic that represent them as an artist in dubstep... Here are a few idea that have inspired me...




So far those are my main inspirations, I already had an idea of the sort of Digipak i wanted to create it will be making it that will arise a challenge for me!

Wish me luck....

No comments:

Post a Comment