Sunday 29 January 2012

Evaluation of Finished Production Work: Question 3

Evaluation Question 3

How did you use media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?

We had many media technologies and resources that were available to us during the construction, research, planning and evaluation stages of our project.

During the construction of our media production (music video), we used state of the art JVC video camera's which recorded our footage and stored it directly onto small memory cards that were assigned to my group and I before we began filming.


JVC Camera



We used similar memory cards to these
Within my group, I was the main actor in our music video, therefore, I spent more time on camera than I did behind the camera so I didn't necessarily get as much time to film footage, however, the times I did get the opportunity to record some footage I took full advantage of this and began to really pick up on how to effectivly handle and use the camera correctly when mounted on a tripod or holding it in one hand. In addition to this, I also got a lot of opportunity to view the recorded footage of me lip syncing for our base track, this really helped me see where I was going wrong or what I could improve regarding the timing of my lip movement as well as my positioning on screen. Below, are a couple of images taken from when my group and I were recording base tracks in Brick Lane (our main location).



Here I'm being recorded for one of the base tracks.


In this image, I'm helping out my group with the adjustment of the camera, which at times, we found a bit tricky but once we got used to frequently using the JVC camera, we had no problems with it at all.



















No comments:

Post a Comment