Wednesday 25 January 2012

Planning Ancillary Products: Photos that I planned to use on my digipak and advertisement

These are a few images of our artist (myself). Out of the ten images that my group took of me, I have selected a few images that particularly stood out to me that I would use for the cover, inside and back panel of my digipak as well as my advertisement (ancillary work).
I've commented below each image explaining why I would or wouldn't use them for my ancillary work.


This image is to blurred and thus  it is too unclear to use for  my digipak or  advertisement,  in addition,  the lighting is incorrect and looks as though there is a spotlight on the artist; this takes away from it looking natural/casual.


I like this side view of the artist as it looks far more natural and displays  the artist as looking relaxed and casual,   furthermore, the lighting is good, although, as the background is very dark, it makes it difficult to see the artists hair - this is reflected in most of the photo's taken of the artist to be used for the ancillary products. 


The lighting in this image is not that well balanced, moreover,  we  are not able to see the artists face, therefore,  this image goes against 'the do's of design work' since this is not a clear image nor is it a good representation of the artist.


I like this image because the artist doesn't look like he's posing, the posture is relaxed and the picture is clear, for these reasons, this is one of the images I would use for one of my ancillary products.



The body language of the artist within this image is good but I dislike the facial expression, therefore, I wouldn't use it for my digipak or advertisement.
















No comments:

Post a Comment