Saturday 28 January 2012

Question 2

How effective is the combination of your main product (Video) and Ancillary texts (Digipak and advertisements)?


From my lessons I learnt that a successful music video will make clear visual links between it and its ancillary products.There are many ways in which my video does this successfully and ways in which it fails to link with its ancillary texts link.  


The main message that we tried to present with our products was our artist's image as a Londoner. London is a very multicultural city, with people from different races, and we wanted to appeal to a majority of these. One way in which our Video and Digipak link is the representation we put across through different connotations. Our video was mainly filmed in Bricklane which is a multicultural part of the East End, Bricklane presents a lot of different types of music, and styles (clothing and shops). By filming in Bricklane we were able to present a familiar place for many of our target audience but also get a reaction from new audience members. 




Our music video presents the multicultural Bricklane through the scenery (colourful ) as the backdrops...Below are some pictures (Prezie) that where taken during the production of our music video. The pictures present the many different graffiti backdrops we filmed in-front of, although many were not used in the final edit of our music video. 

These linked in with our Digipak because of the use of colours. Our use of colours were multicultural just as the video, these are all typical of the dubstep genre. My Digipak has a link with the colours that are seen in the colourful backdrops of the music video. I think that my video is successful in presenting our artist in both the Digipak and the video as a Urban Londoner. I also feel that my products successfully link with together, this a is a positive because the audience would be aware of the Digipak when they watch the video and the other way around. 
































Another link would be the font used on my digipak the font i used is almost 'Graffiti' like. This is something that could be linked to Bricklane because you would find a lot of graffiti there. Many artists graffiti on the walls, the graffiti is what partly makes bricklane the place it is. 


My font:
Bricklane (Location of music video):









One final way that I linked my Video with my Digipak is by using my artist as a central figure in both products.  By doing this I was trying to promote my artist and his image, because he is not yet known by is audience. His afro would be something that is a key factor in remembering him. 





















No comments:

Post a Comment