Sunday 29 January 2012

Question 4

What have you learned from your audience feedback?




We where given an opportunity to watch our videos at the cinema. It was very exciting to see our own music video on the big screen....
We record the audience reaction:






The audience reaction overall was positive and showed that people like our music video. After speaking to people after cinema one thing that kept coming up was our chorus. People mentioned "your use of cuts where very effective in meeting the beat". As a group we where very proud of this but it did make me feel like other elements of our video would have come across as 'dull' compared to the chorus.




On vimeo our video recieved 75views in the past, I do not think that it is a large number, but i do feel that the number does reflect an interest in our video. It was ranked 34th with videos from previous years, I would say that the video was successful Interms of the views on vimeo. After seeing this It was clear that we had some improvements to make to our video... and there might be some things we could change in order to create a better. 



Adam was very please with our chorus and our use of reaction. He also mentioned how it was an inspiration to his own group. This was something I found very positive, as I felt that we Adam's reaction towards our chorus was pleasing because I felt that this was the hardest part of editing in terms of our video. So i was pleased that he liked out chorus. In Adam's words; " your shot variation was DOPE!" I also asked him for some constructive/ negative feedback... He went on to say our artist came across as "lazy". Although this was the 'look' we tried to give our artist and listening to feedback i was aware that it could come across that our artist was lazy or uninterested. If we could improve the video we would discuss a change to his facial expressions and have him move around on the screen a lot more.





One thing that Shannon said stood out in our video was 'the cuts to the beat. This feedback made me pleased because it reminded me that our group stuck with the conventions of a music video. Shannon liked our shot variation and use of jumpcuts. I felt that we filmed a lot of shots, with Shannons feedback i feel like we could have possibly take the time to use other shots in our video although i do feel if we used any more it would confuse the audience. For our critism, our artist's performance came up again... This is something that worried me and i felt that we could have enhanced his performance by giving him feedback during his performance.

My own feedback narrowed down how i felt about our video briefly. I do feel that our video represented all the points that we wanted to put across. and I felt if we could change anything, it would be taking into consideration the way the artist reacted to the camera. 


Nathan's feed back presented the points ;  That our chorus was effective and memorable, one point that stood out from his feedback was how he felt even though there where many attempts to use a similar edit for their chorus. Nathan and other peers felt that our chorus was the most memorable and well constructed compared to the other groups, This feel back made me very happy hand made me feel more comfortable with the outcome of our video. He also mentioned how our scenery and graffiti was something he liked... He went on to stay that if we used more dynamic shots in order to present our genre more. I felt that this is something that i would take in consideration is I was given a chance to fix or edit something about our video.

Feedback for Ancillary Products:

To get some feed back, I posted an image of my final Digipak and Advertisement onto my Facebook page and asked some of my friends to comment and give me some feed back...I asked people to be honest and not hold back any negative comments they had. 



"Looks professional. The colours don't clash and doesn't take the attention away from the images or the information. However, I do think that maybe there's a little too much going on, on the left hand side, it seems squashed slightly?"
I felt that this reaction reflected my first thoughts about my digipak. I am pleased that she felt my colours dis not clash and take away attention from the images because this is something that worried me when I made my final product. I also agree with her comments  of things looking too 'squashed'. This comment made me look at my work in a different prospective, this lead to me thinking that maybe i could take out some elements of the advertisement and make it more simple to bring more attention to the album that i am promoting.

"really like the colours you used. looks bare like them party/club posters. looks sick. just would say you could have used a picture as a background instead of it being black. otherwise pretty sick :)"
I was very pleased to get some male feedback on my digipak because i wanted to get an understanding on how effective my use of colour is. He said "really like the colours you used." This comment made me smile because I had many doubts about the colours that i used. I was also happy that he meantioned "party/club posters" because this was the sort of convention that i was following. I done this because after research I found our most dubstep advertisements connote fun and party scenes. Although he recommed using an image instead of a black background, i feel that if i did this there would be too much on my advert. This is because i already feel there is too much going on already and anymore additions would create distraction from the main reason of the advertisement. 


I think it looks like one of those posters that you see hanging on the street ! The splash of colours makes my feel so funky and ready to dance! I guess it reflects this type of music that your trying to promote? I quite like the layout but yeah it seems as if there's too much of everything. And the font that says "Guardian" and "Daily Mail" could have been different - this one doesnt look professional - but now im just being picky :P Over all WELL DONE ! XXX
The critism i recieved in this i felt was very detailed and gave me a lot to think about. It was interesting how she mentioned that 'posters that you see hanging on the street', this is because i felt when I started research on the dubstep genre I thought of posters that you see when you walk down the street. Interestingly enough I have seen posters stuck on the walls of bricklane. This wold be a perfect place to promote our artist and stick+ sell our advertisement because this is where we would be most likely to bump into our target audience.  She does mention that she thinks 'there is too much of everything' This is something that i would also agree with, I think there are too many splash graphics, and I think removing a few would Settle the excitement on the page. I do also agree with changing the font of 'Gaurdian' and 'Daily mail', but  I also disagree because I think if i use too many fonts it would take away the meaning of the genre and confuse the audience. 


In terms of my audience feedback i am very pleased with the feedback. It has offered me a chance to see what people think about my work. The advise and comments are something i would look at if i wanted to go back and create changes because i feel they were very helpful and insightful. 



No comments:

Post a Comment