Wednesday 25 January 2012

EVALUATION QUESTION 1

These are some of the videos that influenced us when making our music video;


The original video - Skream ft Example - You Shot Yourself in the Foot Again. The things that influenced us in this video were;

  • The way the video cuts to each beat in the chorus, in the same way we used this technique when we introduced the girls into the video and it cut at each beat. 
  • The storyline of it, where the boy is cheating on his girlfriend. 

Example - Kickstarts - The editing and storyline was the main things that influenced us in this video, such as;

  • The way there are clips of girls changing at each beat. 
  • The storyline where a boy is going out with different multicultural girls.

Nero - Crush on you - In this video the main theme that influenced us was again the fact that the boy was going out with many different multicultural girls. 



The main themes that we used for our music video were;


  • Multicultural ethnicities. 
  • Relationships - the fact that the boy is cheating on his girlfriend with many other girls.

For the digipak that I created, I looked at the main artist's digipaks (Skream and Example) and tried to follow the theme that they use but at the same time make it look as a dubstep album.







I tried to use the same layout as they did where they had an image of their artist on the front cover, with the artist's name and the album name.

Here is an image of my front cover.

As you can see, I followed the basic structure of including the artists image, artists name and album name. But in mine the fonts I used make it look like a dubstep genre. 


Here is the back cover of Example's album "Playing in the shadows".

Mine is quite different to his, as his is kind of plain. Here is an image of mine.


On mine, these are the things I included;

  • I used more colour.
  • The layout is different.
  • I also included another image of the artist on the back cover. 
  • I included websites for the artist and the recording company.
  • I put in the copyright clearance. 
  • The fonts I used make it look like a dubstep genre. 
I could not find the inside cover for either of the artists albums, so I decided to stick to the same theme and layout. 

Here is my inside cover.


In the inside cover these are the things I included;

  • I included the artists image on both sides, but this time I added a filter to it.
  • I changed the way I laid out the album name, I made it go up horizontally. 
  • Instead of adding a thank you paragraph, I just left a thank you phrase at the top.
  • I included the lyrics of the hit single "You Shot Yourself in the Foot Again".

No comments:

Post a Comment