Wednesday 28 September 2011

(Research) Digipak


I made a Digipak for the artist Nicki Minaj for a new album called 'I am Barbie'. With the title of the album in mind I focused on making and presenting the pak with relevant colours and pictures. I used pictures from her website, These where selected carefully. I chose two pictures that fit well together with the theme of the digipak (Barbie). 

I used Photoshop to design and add text and images to the existing images of the artist. Our teachers had already provided us with a template for the digipak which made the task slightly easier. I not only chose this image because it is eye grabbing, but I also chose this image because of the colour of the background which links in with my theme. 

A Barbie is represented as something that is 'girly' mainly associated with colours like; white, pink and purple.They are beautiful, and playful, in society a Barbie is represented as someone who is 'plastic' and fake in terms of their appearance. In my Digipak I went along with these representations by using the same colours and also using an image where the artist looks almost 'unreal' and plastic like. 

Nicki Minaj is already own to be someone who calls herself  'Barbie', so the digipak is a representation of her image and her album. 

On my digipak I included; 
  • Artist name 
  • Album title 
  • Album song list
  • Record label 
  • Bar code 
  • Copyright
  • Website for the label
  • I also used 'Parental Advisory' because many of the tracks on the album include swearing and explicit lyrics so I am making parents aware of this.
Doing this task will help me when I am creating a digipak for my own artist. It also helped me develop my Photoshop skills and help me think about the things to consider when taking the pictures for my own digipak. 




No comments:

Post a Comment