Friday 23 September 2011

Reflecting back on the AS year: Lip sync Tutorial



During the lip sync tutorial in June I learned a number of different skills in order to help me with my production in the future. We were able to re-shoot a lip synced music video for the first time in groups and my allocated song was ‘RESPECT’. As the lead singer I had to lip sync to the song which I found rather difficult at the beginning and then I slowly got the drift of it. It was a hard task as we had only one lesson to complete the video and only a couple of hours to edit it which was very challenging.  I learnt how to apply ‘markers’ to particular moments in the footage filmed so that I could accurately put the voice over in place so the lip sync looked as realistic as possible. This sometimes took than one or two attempts for it to look as good as I anticipated. One of the things that became apparent to us as a group was that singing the words normally is better than miming it because you are able to get mouth movements accurately and see the full expression on the artists or band member’s face. I also learnt that compared to filming for our Thrillers we need to be able to film a lot of footage for music videos this is so we have a lot of varied shots and at different angles. I learnt how to apply ‘markers’ to particular moments in the footage filmed so that I could accurately put the voice over in place so the lip sync looked as realistic as possible. This sometimes took than one or two attempts for it to look as good as I anticipated.

No comments:

Post a Comment